Monthly Archives: March 2016
Thanks to marching suffragettes a hundred years ago, women in the United States will be able to vote this election year. Carrie Chapman Catt would have liked to see that a woman, Hillary Clinton, is on the presidential ballot, just as Martin Luther King, Jr. would have liked to see the African-American Barack Obama get elected. Will this be the year that the nation defeats sexism in the White House, like it did with racism?
International Women’s Day is on March 8, exactly nine months before U.S. elections. The time is ripe to sow the seeds of gender equality and let them gestate.
Flowers send this message beautifully. A cheerful bouquet lifts the spirit and fill us with hope. The symbolism of planting gender parity is rich with opportunities in floral bouquets.
• Send bold colors like orange daylilies to encourage a woman to follow her aspirations.
• Fill a woman’s life with energizing sunlight and opportunity with a sturdy-stemmed sunflower.
• Tell her she is worthy of dignity and justice by sending flowers in purple, the official color of International Women’s Day.
A bouquet will make her day, but it’s the card tucked inside that will show you really mean it. Be sure to include an uplifting message with your floral delivery at daFlores.com. Here are some suggestions for all of the important women in your life:
• Mother: I appreciate everything you do for me. I’ll wash the dishes.
• Wife: I admire how you juggle so many responsibilities. Let me take care of supper.
• Coworker: I respect your ideas and value your contributions. Tell me more about your proposal.
After you honor their achievements, honor your promise to treat women equally for the next 364 days of the year.
Send flower power with daFlores for International Women’s Day and send messages of encouragement for the world to achieve gender equality.